Thursday, November 20, 2008

I simply want to live the way I need to live.


My 5th Ghost Story

Last month.

Late night work again. Young Hippo had to stay up the entire night, as well, to finish a project. Binkie had already signed off. It's just me and YH left awake. Still a relief, somehow, that I didn't have to be alone the rest of the night.

There were movements behind me as if someone was walking all throughout the dead of night. At times, the movement came from my bed. It's like someone's gotten up and walked past me. (My bed is just right behind me when facing the desktop computer. ) At one point, I even saw a shadow on the wall to my left (through peripheral vision). Like a shadow of 'someone' that actually stood from the bed. I, of course, checked who might be it. There was no one. I looked at YH who was using the other desktop pc to my right. He was focused and it didn't seem like he noticed anything. I tried not minding all the spooky noises and went back to what I was doing.

From time to time, though, the sound and feel of footsteps behind me kept disturbing my concentration. There were even times I'd make a sudden turn to my right as strong sense of "someone's " presence was felt. I wonder if YH even noticed I was jumpy. He seemed to be too engrossed with what he was doing. I, too, was focused and I even set the volume of my headset to the highest but I still heard and felt the weird motions around the room.

@ around 6am we finally called it a day. YH already left the room, while I set myself to bed.

A few minutes of lying down but the sandman hasn't paid a visit yet. I had to keep twisting and turning trying to get the right position that could help me get my most deserved doze. It's already 7 in the morning that time. Curtains were closed so the sunlight was unwelcome, but I really couldn't fall to sleep.

When my consciousness was finally about to leave, I heard someone typing. I didn't bother checking who it was. Thought maybe YH forgot something and went back to redo his project. I tried getting back to sleep, but, the sound of the computer keyboard won't allow me. to For whatever reason, I turned to the computer's direction and looked who was using it. I was surprised to see no one. My heart started throbbing fast, but I was too tired and groggy to scurry out of the room so I just faced the other direction and tried to get some snooze. The sound of the keyboard persisted for a few more minutes and then, gone.

After another more minutes ...no matter how sleepy I was, I still couldn't sleep so, I decided to just browse eBay. Until Gloria arrived around 9am.

At 10am, the plumber who was to fix the leak on the kitch's roof arrived and Gloria had to attend to him. But, before G did, she encouraged me to get some sleep. I thought, yeah, I better. So, I retired to bed. A few minutes of lying down, I finally was able to fall asleep. Just seconds after, though, I heard a male voice talking right to my face and I was awoken. Yet, when I opened my eyes, there was no one. I thought maybe twas Hippo, so I looked around. No one else in the room, though. Then, I heard Hippo's voice coming from downstairs. It's definitely not him.

Later that night, I asked YH if he had felt anything bizaare the other night. He told me he heard someone talked while we were both busy. A male voice resembled Hippo's. So, he turned to look but he found no one. He added, he even checked if it was Binkie but Binkie was soundly asleep. It scared him, he said but he didn't want to scare me so he didn't bother telling me. *whew*

Whatever that might be, clearly the aim was to not allow me to sleep. Grr.








No comments:

Post a Comment

✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐

A Love with a promise of permanence.

"...if any hear MY voice and open the door,  I will come into their house and eat with them,  and they will eat with ME." ...

✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐