Friday, July 25, 2008

Life is uncharted territory. It reveals its story one moment at a time.


Twas Dad's birthday last 23rd. That was 2 days ago now. No bash...just some pitch ins from me and my siblings. Didn't visit him. Just sent pizza and that's it. Not that I didn't want to. There's a reason why.

A couple of days before his day, I bought this nice card. I carefully chose it with a message that I truly meant to tell him. Dunno about you, guys, but always, I'd take time to choose greeting cards that have the message I sincerely want to tell the persons I give them to. What I gave dad has the words I longed to tell him. Finally, this time I was able to tell him.

With the card is a 2-page letter with other things I had to add -- my wishes for him and all the things I sincerely want him to know about how I feel about him. Even until now I still keep this hope that he will take my words seriously. Especially my request for him to start enjoying his life.

Am not sure but I believe I understand him better now. He has a different view of the world. Dad is very logical about things. He is very self-critical like myself. And I guess he is critical in judging people, too. This kinda repels him from mingling with others. Not to justify his ways but... who can blame him? The way I see it, so many people and events in his life made him cynical. He is very intuitive like myself and, perhaps, many proved his intuitions to be true. This could be the reason why he doesn't associate with others so much... to avoid more disappointments. I only wish I am not such a big disappointment for him.

I dunno how he took my letter. I love him and the bitterness that used to live inside me is continuously fading. And I am loving him more as I inch by inch understand him better.

Happy Birthday to Dad.

Dad thinks I am a good writer. *smiles* This is already a compliment I can consider. Especially coming from him.















No comments:

Post a Comment

✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐

A Love with a promise of permanence.

"...if any hear MY voice and open the door,  I will come into their house and eat with them,  and they will eat with ME." ...

✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐