Friday, July 11, 2008

Life is a succession of moments. To live each one is to succeed.


June 9, my agenda was to finally pay Ron a visit in the hospital. That afternoon, though, I received a mobile call from G telling me that Ron already had turned up his toes. I couldn't say anything else but, "seriously?!!" (with glaring eyes) ...but why would someone lie about something as serious as that?

Am still recalling the disbelief from the sound of my voice after G said the exact time -- 9:05am. Didn't even hear it clear enough so, I think I sent the wrong info to some (9:02am). It's indescribable how I felt at that moment. But sure it's dominantly unbelief...trying to keep the hope that I just might heard it wrong OR G might just have gotten the wrong info.

But, yes, Ron is already at rest.

The one thing that sooo disquiets me now is I didn't have the chance to visit him when he was still fighting for his life. Well, as if it's gonna help. I dunno whether it could be anything helpful or not. I just thought that giving him this idea that he is loved and many people care, could've brought him more strength. Thing is, I was not aware at all that his condition was that bad. He was admitted to the same hospital some years ago and I was able to visit him back then.

I was informed only after a month he's been in hospital. I was not even aware he's been there since June 4. That he's been in need of blood donors and been in and out of ICU.

Am no savior so, my presence might not be anything important. But, of course, as a friend wish I was there.

I remember what message he used to send me. Think he sent it more than a couple of times. Something with, "I live to suffer...". I hate that I didn't even bother asking him about this message, though I find it strange. Should've asked "why". Should've lent him an ear.

...his battle is over now. I rather want this for him than let him keep bearing the torturous pain. So, enough of my selfish rants. I wasn't able to visit ...I wasn't there to listen to whatever he might longed to share... and there's nothing I can do about it anymore. Enough of the "should'ves". This is what's best for Ron.

Here's a song for you, Ron...


Oh we never know where life will take us
I know it's just a ride on the wheel
And we never know when death will shake us
And we wonder how it will feel

So goodbye my friend
I know I'll never see you again
But the time together through all the years
Will take away these tears
It's okay now
Goodbye my friend

I've seen a lot things that make me crazy
And I guess I held on to you
We could've run away and left well maybe
But it wasn't time and we both knew

So goodbye my friend
I know I'll never see you again
But the love you gave me through all the years
Will take away these tears
I'm okay now
Goodbye my friend

Life's so fragile and love's so pure
We can't hold on but we try
We watch how quickly it disappears
And we never know why

But I'm okay now
Goodbye my friend
You can go now
Goodbye my friend

















No comments:

Post a Comment

✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐

A Love with a promise of permanence.

"...if any hear MY voice and open the door,  I will come into their house and eat with them,  and they will eat with ME." ...

✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐