Sunday, May 25, 2008

As someone once said, there's a difference between a failure and a fiasco.


...so, I was there. With very vague idea what character I was to portray. Was told to stand in line with the other cast. Twas pretty apparent everyone's already dead on their feet from the day long's work. "This can be an excuse for their impatience"...was what I had in mind.

The director asked for an assurance if we all can articulate the lines with character. That I was extremely skeptical about. Warned us that the lines to mem'rize are long. Made me reasonably diffident. I took courage and voiced my concern. The director looked to my direction and curtly examined me but didn't pay much attention to the concern I was raising. In stead, told me to flatten my tongue. Wasn't able to say anything more.

But, I knew I was just going to waste their time so, when it's about time to throw lines, I implored my case once more and explained how I wanted it so badly but I hafta acknowledge my weak point. Which, in fact, is for their own good. Like, they're all so exhausted and it's already past 12mn. I can't really blame them if they yank at me for my mistakes. This time, they finally understood.

As luck would have it, they liked me, that's for sure. And so, I was still given another role. One snag, though... had to wait long hours for my turn (and how I hate waiting). But, I didn't mind. Still, it's a blessing, right?






1 comment:

  1. Good for you to stand your ground. Yes, it's a blessing.

    ReplyDelete

✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐

A Love with a promise of permanence.

"...if any hear MY voice and open the door,  I will come into their house and eat with them,  and they will eat with ME." ...

✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐