Wednesday, February 27, 2008

I'm supposed to do everything for the colony? What about my needs?


Today, Aunt E will be flying back to The Greens. Never even had the chance to visit her and spend time with her. What really matters most, in the first place? Am trying to weigh whether or not my move was right or would it only cause me another heartbreak?

TPDL says, "time is the most precious gift because you can only have a set amount of it. You can make more money, but you can't make more time. When you give someone your time, you are giving them a portion of your life that you'll never get back. Your time is your life. That is why the greatest gift you can give someone is your time."

...and yes. I won't ever stop quoting this. It moved me big time, though it's hard to just put learnings to actions sometimes.

By not spending time with her and, in stead, spending time with more people I intend to help...does it mean I love her less? Her vs. people I don't really know. Never even met. And I chose to stick with the latter. Silly how I always end up giving greatest importance to those who rather cause me pain. Though, I know they can never love me back. While there's my aunt who has always loved me...

Am I not giving off myself too much to those who have no real concern for me at all? Who can't appreciate a single sacrifice I do and still willing to do. Is't self-less? Or is't another wrong decision?











1 comment:

  1. U be in her shoes. what would you feel?
    You gotta appreciate the people in your life if you want to put value in yourself.
    Strangers are strangers. Help them, they wouldn't care or love you as much as the people who already loved you. your auntie for instance.

    it's like you're saying to her, "auntie I love you but I don't have time for you." ouch, right?

    just my opinion

    ReplyDelete

✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐

A Love with a promise of permanence.

"...if any hear MY voice and open the door,  I will come into their house and eat with them,  and they will eat with ME." ...

✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐