Thursday, June 14, 2007

I thought I was indecisive; now I'm not so sure.

Flashback...

I spent 9 precious hours at Araneta Coliseum.

Hippo told me a month earlier about NCAA's 82nd season opening. Told myself there was no way I'd miss it. Been thinking and finding ways to just make sure Araneta won't miss my presence. For once I had chosen to ignore responsibilities without guilt. The ticket reached my hand a week earlier.

Saturday morning. First thing I did was sent a text message to FDR for heads up. "No ~Paper Tiger~ will be coming to work today." Forget about what reason I gave. It's half-truth, I swear. *wink* So, the cab headed to Cubao and not to Makati. Not by mistake. *grins*

Next thing, I found myself lost in the noisy crowd (which almost caused me tantrums as my head started throbbing). Good thing there was no need to wait in the long line at the entrance. How I hate waiting!

Hippo and I found ourselves lost searching for our seats. When we finally did, there were some stuffs already occupying them. GRRR!!! Which meant, we had to wait standing. That giant box of popcorn kept me calm, though. Surprisingly calm, that is. Why? Well, I was enjoying everything. The loud noises and the bickering of rival teams. How I missed them so much. bwahahaha!!! The name calling and insults...haha!! It didn't take long and we're put.

We were in the patron section. Thought I liked it?! NO! I didn't think it's the perfect position but well, I must say good enough to clearly see the faces of the athletes while in action. Unlike the previous years, I had barely seen the athlete's faces because we were on the lower box section. And they looked like runts from that distance. This time, I was able to see some of the players face-to-face. Boy, they're big! I used to think they're just some feet taller than some of my tall friends. What was I thinking?!!

Present...

Well, there are still so many things to tell but I'd rather just mention about Sam Ekwe. He was introduced as San Beda Red Lion's new recruit. Standing 6'8" tall, he's such a threat to all the other teams. He was still trying to get the feel of playing the real thing during the opening day, so he was still kinda awkward but hey now... SBC Red Lions were the 2006 NCAA champions!

It was really End 28 at 82! Yey! Was so happy.

The 2006 NCAA opening happened last year, June 24. How about this year? Am so looking forward to it. Except the long talkies during the ceremony. Will I be spending 9 long hours again at Araneta? Let's see about that.

Come on now! I mean to have a photo with the Red Lions. Maybe with my fave players. *wink*

Too bad, Angeles won't be playing anymore this year. Or am I wrong? Oh well. Am just so excited.

And of course, how can I forget the Little Indians?!!! *chuckles*

Grrr how do I post YouTube here???

Current mood: Working hard to stay happy.







No comments:

Post a Comment

✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐

A Love with a promise of permanence.

"...if any hear MY voice and open the door,  I will come into their house and eat with them,  and they will eat with ME." ...

✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐