Saturday, April 7, 2007

Don't quote me.


Yes, everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion. I am. And that gives me all the right to express them here in my green room. Should anyone has any violent reaction, I will respect it. Just as I am expecting people to respect mine.

Anyone can just talk about his or her personal opinion about an observation or a situation. Yes. That is already given. But, come on, being overly opinionated, I guess, is way overboard.


What do I mean by “being overly opinionated”? Well, I chose the term to mean, expressing an opinion without the capacity to perform a suggested action which was thought to be helpful in solving a problem. Don’t get me wrong. Sometimes, I get to be a lil insistent myself, too.

My point is, one must not talk as if with complete certainty unless they are themselves capable of proving something is truly workable. Or at least, they have based their opinion from a previous experience. Opinion requires credibility.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope not many people are guilty of this. Because really, it sucks to hear people say things without them meaning it. We throw judgment on a particular episode. Something that we know nothing of. We go to a party and an unexpected thing happens. We just go and talk blahs! Why? Because we always think we know better.

Lemme remind everyone that one solution which worked for you may not work for me…may not work for the person next to you…may not work for everybody else in the room with you. So do not think that your idea is that brilliant!

Who knows your suggestion have already been thought of and considered before you even thought of it? Because truth of the matter is, each one of us is a thinking person. Each one of us has our own set of solutions enumerated in our heads. Thing is, not everything is as simple as it may seem.

So, if what you are about to say will do nothing good but in stead make other people feel bad about themselves, it’s better to keep your opinion to yourself. There is a better way to do constructive criticism. And definitely, it is not by sharing your own mindless, insensitive and unproven opinion. So save it.




3 comments:

  1. "Each one of us is a thinking person"

    Are you sure? Really? Hmmm...
    Well, as you have said it this is your blog, so who am I to contradict you.

    But I would like to remind you that some people don't think at all. And some people let others think for themselves. If you're going to sell their brains on eBAY, they will be marked as "SLIGHTLY USED".

    ReplyDelete
  2. are you not expressing your opinion by writing this?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you. People tend to disregard the reality and insist on what they believe in. What is even more worse is that they can't even do the same advice they give to a friend or anyone. Like what you said, easier said then done.

    ReplyDelete

✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐

A Love with a promise of permanence.

"...if any hear MY voice and open the door,  I will come into their house and eat with them,  and they will eat with ME." ...

✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐