Thursday, July 6, 2006

Because I am



I'm compelled to write about people who are deprived of attention.

They freakin IRRITATING me!!

I am referring to those who are trying to be friends with EVERYONE. I must call them EVERYONE pleaser. GRRRrrr As if it's even possible. I mean, I can even find fault in my closest friends. C'mmon nobody's damn PERFECT. And I am certain some of my so-called friends have something against me as well. And I don't give a damn.

Not that I don't care what they think about me. Just that I am on Earth. I know how things are. Hello?!! I am not (anymore) born yesterday. I've learned through the years of being passive. Letting people get away with their schemes is *blip blip*. Injustice happens because people like how I used to be make it happen.

There's a saying that goes, "A friend to everyone is a friend to none." I strictly believe in this saying. Why? Because it takes really great effort to maintain a friendship. Considering that each individual is unique. Imagine dealing with different psychos everyday? You will have to adjust for them or else they will come to despise you even for one instance you disagree with them. See how self-centered people can get?! And I am not exempted from that. It takes one to know one.

Just what is the point in trying to please someone? Will it even make you rich?! No. So, whatda hell?!! Worse, what's the point in trying to please more persons? Such a chore! And what do you get in the end?

NOTHING.

I think these people just want to make a good impression about themselves. How pathetic.

And I used to be pathetic. Poor me. I remember how benign I used to be and it's dead pointless. Did I even gain friends? No. I didn't. Those who I thought were my friends were indeed my friends IN TIMES they NEEDED me. Like mostly financially. They made a milking cow OUT OF ME! And I allowed them to do that. I didn't respect myself. Now what? That episode in my life made me damn bitter. I am bitter. I am vengeful. I am a MONSTER. At least not "green-eyed" -- the only consolation.

Lesson I learned:

It is absolutely pointless to try to gain friends. More so to try pleasing people. You'll only end up getting abused. Like a push-over. Because there's nothing else that you can do to win them except to be their doormat. It's a sad truth. Something I had to learn the hardest way.

In truth, no one needs another's opinion. As long as you know yourself that's enough. We're not a piece of clothing that can be adjusted just to fit perfectly on someone. WE are PERSONS. Unless we treat ourselves like a real person, no one will treat us as a person.

Sometimes it helps to look after your own welfare.

Just why am I pissed with EVERYONE pleaser? Because I can see myself in them.

That's all.

blah blah

4 comments:

  1. thanks for the suggestion. *smile*

    i can't understand why do i worry so much if i'm doing well at dealing with people. when there are people i know who don't even care they're already hurting another. *sigh*

    oh well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, no matter how much you try to befriend anyone, you are bound to hurt someone, so screw it and call spade a spade! Like moi :)

    Like me, I am already tired of putting a fake face when talking to a-holes. So, right now, I am very frank and tell things as they are, no more run-arounds. If I see an idea is bad, I tell it straight to that person, like the V3 thing! I told Rich and other management people that whoever thought of that idea was clearly smoking weed, because that was the most horrendous idea ever! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i agree with you huckbeine. learnt it through the hardest way. but, don't get me wrong. i was never a plastic or something just because i was too cautious not to hurt another's feeling. i'm frank, too. thing is i feel bad that people can only be as nice when you're making effort on pleasing them. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe the case is not as simple as you deem it to be.

    Somebody said that sometimes we just give our hearts uncritically, unfortunately, to those who hardly think of us...

    ReplyDelete

✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐

A Love with a promise of permanence.

"...if any hear MY voice and open the door,  I will come into their house and eat with them,  and they will eat with ME." ...

✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐