Friday, February 8, 2019

Diagnose a Problem then Fix it



I stumbled upon this article while I scanned my news feed a few minutes ago. Was supposed to share only with those I care most as a private message, but as my writing got longer, I decided to just put it here. 

What that person has is one idea (you need to click the link and read to know what it is) never to be embraced, at all. Illogical and selfish.  I know I've had this question in my head way back why God allowed my parents to have me and my siblings when "I think" they're not equipped enough to do the "proper" parenting. What I meant by not equipped enough is that they weren't following an absolute and efficient standard from which they based their choices. And so affecting us in various ways. (And, by the way, I never blurted that out to anyone except in prayer before God. I've long ago left that silly thought. Opened it up just for the sake of the topic.)

But, who does..... really?!

The fault is not that no one knows parenting, but that even having been given the faculty to learn, people rather chase after non-essentials that have nothing to do with raising a family. Almost everyone is so about wanting to have a family of their own but won't focus on the things that could prepare them enough to build a good one. Everybody goes the direction where it's about self-growth with some supplemental ideas from the society that it's for the future of their future. When truth is, deep within, it's all about self ― What I want for myself that I enjoy and that gives me fulfillment according to how I will be viewed by others. Self-image. It's nothing really about or for another being they are to raise.



Then I thought, “Why do people work so hard?” 
I saw people try to succeed and be better than other people. 
They do this because they are jealous. 
They don’t want other people to have more than they have. 
This is senseless. It is like trying to catch the wind.

Ecclesiastes 4:4 



Why are most females these days repelled by being efficient in the home? Because being good stewards of the household gives them no applause than when they excel in the corporate world where they receive certificates and rewards in monetary or material form. And which is made known to many people so it feeds their ego. As opposed to just staying home and silently serve, nurturing only a number of individuals and get no compliment. Nobody else knows except the ones who receive their service. Or, could be that they listened and believed so much what the society dictates which points to social class. In order to maintain a certain lifestyle, there is a need to help their partners earn higher. And the last OR would be that, they could probably be functioning from a state of discontent. All needs are being met, but not all wants. Even if they may say, "for the good of my children..." nothing will ever be better than them serving the home as nurturers. Maybe I should also add EQUALITY as another reason?

Most men, on the other hand, work hard to be thought of as a good provider in the definition of the world what a good provider looks like namely, huge house, awesome wheels, fancy stuff, reputable school, etc. Gives them high sense of self being applauded this way. Yet, it's got nothing to do with what's essential for the future except for oneself. When truth is, if they're able to provide the basic needs to live decently, that should be enough. Yes, their way may sustain both needs and wants, but leaving out filling the deepest need ― parent-child relationship, which is what defines the growth of every individual's character and personality.




“How infinite are the forms in which self appears. Some are occupied with good self. They pride themselves on their excellencies. Others are just as much occupied with bad self. They are forever groaning over their imperfections, and struggling with the flesh as if they hoped in time to improve it. When shall we be convinced it is so utterly bad that it is beyond all recovery? Our experience, upward, in the power of God, is just in proportion to our experience, downward, in ceasing from self.
~ Evan Hopkins ~




The root of all problems is the self that neglects their connection to everything else. And if I am to blame the root problem to who birthed me out into this world and why did God even allow it to be, I remove myself as being a contributor to the existing problem. 

Thing is, we're all given this life not to be pampered and comforted as how we wish to be treated. All are put on earth to be nurturers. To cultivate it. We are not owed by this world anything. We are to contribute to it. If we all just get out of ourselves every so often, we might can come to a realization that life is only a privilege given to us not to be abused but to use wisely and humbly as everyone else around has been given the same privilege only with varying portions according to God's grace. And with what portion one is given, he has to make use of in the cultivation of this world we all share; as against, this is my portion and I want more. 





Remember this: 
There are some terrible times coming in the last days.
People will love only themselves and money. 

They will be proud and boast about themselves. 
They will abuse others with insults. 
They will not obey their parents. 
They will be ungrateful and against all that is pleasing to God.

2 Timothy 3:1-2




Society has become a marketplace which turns everyone into consumers that demand for what could make their existence more fun and enjoyable. It has come up with ways to make use of people's focus on self to keep business running. Setting a bar which people started reaching and maintaining to the point of neglecting what truly matters most. Such a danger if everyone simply act on their urges. Seeing this, I understand in a deeper sense the beauty and wisdom in obeying the instruction of Jesus, "deny yourself and follow Me." Without the denying of self, people will keep answering to the call of the flesh and following where the society leads them to satisfy their whims and desires. Which causes people to neglect the second greatest commandment, “you shall love your neighbor as yourself.”

We are all to remind ourselves that we are here not to lord over what, but to look after God's creations. The more that we live to gain, the more that we cough up harm into this world. That harm only goes back to us. We all suffer together. There is no better way to live but to consider the highest good that involves all creations in contrast with one's own.


#JustSaying






    In whatever you do, don’t let selfishness or pride be your guide.
    Be humble, and honor others more than yourselves. 
    Don’t be interested only in your own life, but care about the lives of others too.
   

Philippians 2:3-4







Further readings visit:



C. S. Lewis on Selfishness vs. Self-Interest
What does the Bible say about being self-centered?

Why You Don't Need More Self-Esteem?




 

2 comments:

  1. A nice approach in problem solving. Thanks for sharing this, Negosyong Pinoy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so delighted to meet PRIEST AZIBA after a long time looking for help in order to fix the ups and downs with my boyfriend. We lived together for two years without any problems until this year when he started seeing another girl, When I tried talking to him, he decided to leave me for her which made me so heart broken after all we have been through together, he even stopped picking up my calls and also blocked me from calling him. I love him dearly and couldn't accept losing him that's why I decided to seek help from PRIEST AZIBA through his number +2348100368288, he helped me quickly in one day and as I speak my boyfriend is back to me with lots of love and respect like never before. Am expecting more good things to happen in our relationship.
    Get in contact with PRIEST AZIBA and He's also specialize in money spells, lottery spells, sickness spells E.T.C. Get connected Email: priestazibasolutioncenter@gmail.com Or WhatsApp : +2348100368288

    ReplyDelete

✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐

A Love with a promise of permanence.

"...if any hear MY voice and open the door,  I will come into their house and eat with them,  and they will eat with ME." ...

✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐