Tuesday, June 26, 2012

I don't fit into any stereotypes. I like myself that way.

So I got invited to share my wits by being a Wizpert. ^_^  Isn't it cool? I mean, I have not been consistent adding more scribblings to my almost oblivious page and someone actually found my thoughts ("knowledge" as he put it) of great value. Geesh! Whatta way to start Tuesday! Thanks to Michael Weinberg. Nothing else makes life a little more wonderful than appreciation.

This means, I hafta be active again. And I should better not be too critical of myself. Often, although I have brilliant ideas to share, I tend to brush them off and tell myself they might not make any sense to the world. I mean, there are like gazillion of bright minds across the globe confidently expressing their opinions, which are truly worth reading, in fact. So, as always, I take the back seat and keep mine to myself (or share them silently to those closest to me).

I'll hafta battle this inferiority thing inside of me to fulfill the prophecy given to me early this year. Exude positivity, Zhilaohu! Do not mind so much what other people will say. They always have something to say, anyway. I can't stop for anyone. Especially not for those who got nothing good to say. 

Made me realize that successful people aren't concerned. That's the key. They're aware that there are eyes watching their every move but they simply can't stop for anyone. They have to live. They are passionate to live. The I-don't-care-what-you-think attitude gives them freedom to do whatever they feel like doing. I don't think there's anything wrong with that for as long as they're not stepping on anyone's foot. Critics are nothing but hurdles along the way. We are not to treat them as red lights or walls.

"I can do ALL things through Christ who gives me strength!"


 Wanna share this inspiring video...



 


I became so used to being competitive. Gotta work hard to be better. Better than who? Whoa! This is the first time I ever asked this question. All I can remember is, I grew up wanting to make my dad appreciate me. I didn't mind making him proud of me, actually. Just appreciate me should've been enough. So, I gave my best to excel in almost everything. I was an achiever. I did excel in many things. Even things I never imagined I could do. But, twas never enough. And because I lived seeing myself through the eyes of my dad, I failed to appreciate my own self. Took a toll on me big time. So, I gave up and started to see myself through the eyes of others. Silly. Exhausting. I learned that the world demands a lot when you're more than willing to give more than you should. They'll even take advantage! Learned it the hard way. It will drain you. Not worth it.

I was freed when I finally started seeing myself through the eyes of God. HIS love for me helped me regain the confidence and self-esteem I lost only by making attempts to be appreciated. I wasn't aware of the thirst for some things -- love, appreciation, concern, etc -- and it actually affected me sooo much. But, God has always been faithful. HIS Word made me understand my worth...

“Before I made you in your mother’s womb, I knew you. Before you were born, I chose you for a special work... [Jeremiah 1:5, ETRv]

But, then, it was not all bad. Truly, "in everything God works for the good of those who love HIM." [Romans 8:28]  Everything in my past made me who I am today. That strong desire to receive appreciation from Daddy simply turned me into a better person now. Still, it's all worth it. Nothing to regret at all. 

So...am coming back to doing my thing...WRITING! I won't hesitate anymore. Applying what the Word says, "Whatever you do, do it from the heart for the Lord and not for people." [Colossians 3:23, CEBv]



 Toodle-ooh!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐

A Love with a promise of permanence.

"...if any hear MY voice and open the door,  I will come into their house and eat with them,  and they will eat with ME." ...

✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐