Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Can one man make a difference? There are days when I believe, and others when I have lost all faith.


Today will be another fulfillment of one of my many heart's desires. I will go out in the streets and reach out to the less privileged by doing soup kitchen. Somehow, I hope to touch their lives in my own humble way. I hope to make even a lil difference in their lives.

This is a gift I am giving myself. They say, "you give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give..." I have no idea how to give of myself. I don't think I am selfless enough to begin sharing that kind of love. So, for now, I think lil sacrifices will do. Like, staying under the radiant heat of the sun, sweating my underarm, burning my skin and yet still show a sincere smile.







2 comments:

  1. The first thing I read this morning and this touched my heart. Gosh... siobe, you inspire me so much with the things that you do. You always said b4 that I inspire you so I guess we inspire each other LOL

    Continue doing what you do, siobe. I don't know anybody with a more loving heart than you. You're incredible! Really you are... Just msg me on how I could help with your missions ha... I want to sponsor your kitchen soup thingie.. I promised to join you the next time I go there but that won't be a reality for awhile (if ever it would still be) so despite my physical absence, I still want to be a part of your missions siobe. Bless you mucho mucho!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dunno what to say...but thanks for appreciating me. *blushes*

    ReplyDelete

✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐

A Love with a promise of permanence.

"...if any hear MY voice and open the door,  I will come into their house and eat with them,  and they will eat with ME." ...

✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐