Wednesday, August 15, 2007

I’m tired of all this nonsense about beauty being only skin-deep. That’s deep enough. What do you want — an adorable pancreas?

Whitening products are all over the market. Grr! When all I need is something that could help me clear my pimple scars. You see, I have very delicate skin. It seems very translucent that you can even see my veins. But, all I spot in groceries and supermarkets are various whitening products.

Have actually been using calamansi (sometimes spelled as Kalamansi) and I can guarantee you that it is one effective way to treat pimple breakouts and scars.


So, why am I looking for an alternative if I find calamansi effective? Well, am still looking for a more effective one that can promise an instantaneous effect. Y'know, something that will wipe out all my scars over night.


...to my dismay, all I see are hundreds of different whitening products. Yes, I know there is no other way to do it but to peel the outer layer of the skin. But, I already look like a moomoo (ghost) to even consider peeling my skin more. Grr!


My friends would tell me that many Filipinos desire to have whiter skin that's why whitening products are incredibly sought after merchandises. I wonder why. Don’t they know that lots of Americans would kill for a skin tone like that of Filipinos? They’d even bathe under the radiant heat of the sun just to achieve that look.


Oh well. Life’s like that. We always hanker for something we don’t have. Must be the influence of chi-novelas and korea-novelas. Hehe. Koreans have very smooth and fair skin. And yeah, I must agree that having lighter skin makes one more attractive.


But, that’s not what I need, though. I just wish that manufacturers would also create products exclusive for people like me who only needs to remove blotches.



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Calamansi


Is there really no other way but to bleach? Calamansi also lightens, FYI. So, I wonder why won’t people desiring for a lighter skin tone just bathe with calamansi extracts in stead? It’s far less pricey. Plus, breakouts will be less common as well.


Another option for blotches or dark spots caused by pimple scars, which I also tried, is radish. Yes, it is as effective as calamansi.


Rub a small portion of radish on the problem area or obtain its sap and apply on your skin where lightening is needed. Leave for about a minute or two and then rinse. You will feel a tolerable sting, though. You need not wait for a minute once you start feeling the tingling sensation.


Very simple and practical way to treat zits and pimple scars, right? All can be found in the kitch. The only downside is that the effect doesn’t show as fast as you expect it to. Dunno, maybe it’s just with me. Hehe. Or did I expect too much?


Tomato is a good alternative, too. Same with radish, it can be rubbed on the skin and leave for a few minutes. There is also a tingling sensation once the skin absorbs the extract. Just rinse it well. It’s better to use lukewarm water for rinsing. After a few seconds, wet your face with cold water to close your pores.


You should feel your skin smooth and supple after doing any of the regimens I suggested. If you don’t, don’t blame me. But, it’s worth the try. So, try any of the three!


By, the way, you can also combine calamansi with evaporated or fresh milk.


For more tips, visit this site.


See, I know a few tips? So, why the heck am I putting up with the hassles of foraging each beauty soap shelf in the supermarkets?! Just impatience, what else?


Am scared of trying out just anything so should you have any suggestion, I will be glad to hear them.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Tea Tree Oil Foaming Facial Wash


Tea tree oil is also another option. It’s good for zits. However, it leaves pimple scars. I tried it before and I must say that pimples go away fast. But not the scars. I think it depends on the skin texture. So, it’s still worth the try. The one I used, I bought from The Body Shop.


So far, the most effective pimple fighting solution I have tried is Proactiv. It was suggested by my aunt. Now, it’s also in the Philippines. You can buy it at any Watson’s branch. It’s a bit costly, though, for the average buyers. Priced at almost 3,000 PhP. Correct me if am wrong.


Among the best seller pimple fighting treatment is Murad. Haven’t tried it yet but it’s on my list now. And yeah, the one Bryanboy promoted – Obagi.


Well, there are several more. You can go visit recognized derma clinics around like Belo. They can better give you suggestions. But, most of the time, they promote their own formulations. Me… am so scared of going to a dermatologist. So, not an option for me.


List of other well-known Derm Clinics in the country:

DermClinic
Calayans
Ysa Skin Care Center
Let’s Face It
Ellen’s Aesthetic Center


Now, here are a few of the top rated soaps for whitening you can find in the groceries and everywhere (actually):


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Oil and Herbs Whitening Soap
Also available
Green Papaya and Orange Papaya



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Likas Papaya



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Placenta



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Savona Kojic Soap


I do not have a price list so just do your own research.


Anyway, going back to the pimple scar problem, I believe the best there is in the market is Ponds Whitening Detox. It promises a week or two noticeable changes. Your pimple scar will be less visible in a matter of weeks. Still not good enough for me. Am expecting an overnight, right?! hehe. Shooting the moon.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Here's another one recommended by a few friends. It did work for them. And many local performing artists are using the product -- Amira. It's also a whitening something, of course. It's just so an 'in thing'.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us



Oh, and a lot of people believe that Glutathione really whitens skin. It's a misleading marketing scheme, people! It's more of an antioxidant, so don't get fooled. The whitening is just a side effect which may or may not occur. So, unless you need to detoxify yourself, do not waste money on this one for your whitening ambitions. You will just end up frustrated.


...and if you are going to buy one, do not buy the cheap ones or else you will get a rather bad side-effect. In stead of making your skin light, it might only make it dark or even worse, blotch. You will have spots.


The Gluta soaps...hmmm...can't tell yet. But, it could only be another fake.

Read here about Glutathione.


There are still countless beauty products available like whitening toners, bleaching creams... I dunno a lot so just add any suggestion if you have.


Just a tip, it's important to read labels. Do a lil research before heading to the store to buy whatever you need for your skin. It will save you time if you know exactly what you are looking for. You will also be able to spare yourself from spending for products that won't really help.



Finally, to achieve a healthy and glowing skin be sure to always get enough rest, drink plenty of water, exercise, do regular cleansing routine (twice a day) and have some time under the sun at least 10 minutes a day.







1 2 3 Submit PRO - FREE URL Registration




2 comments:

  1. nice tips. olay total effects seem to have positive reviews. i've been hearing a lot of buzz about it. you might want to try that though it's a bit pricey at php600+.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree with vin, dear. it worked for me and my mom and even DB. *wink* i can get you a cheaper price on that as a package. I mean, olay has been my mom's secret for all these years and surprisingly, she looks like she's my sister.

    calamansi does work...ive tried it before but yeah...the impatience really bites. hmm...just be a lil more patient with these products. you'll get better skin in no time ;)

    oh btw, i agree with what you've written. i myself wonder why a lot of Pinoys are into this whitening thing. Our kayumangging kaligatan skin is pretty much exotic and envied by our Western counterparts...i just wish that we'd learn to accept our own beauty and not compare ourselves to others...

    tc

    ReplyDelete

✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐

A Love with a promise of permanence.

"...if any hear MY voice and open the door,  I will come into their house and eat with them,  and they will eat with ME." ...

✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐