Friday, February 23, 2007

I've been broken now and again...I know what it feels like to see something funny and not laugh


It's pretty a long day. Nothing much to do... Well, there are so many things to do but I shut myself off from everything. The past days have been knotty for me. And 'til now, I still hold this distressed emotion. Boredom just had to set in again...perhaps. My mind seems to be wandering far away from my reality. Like my body floats by itself also wandering on its own. *Yawns*

Moments like this can make one feel so damn empty. Or have I just become numb from all these predicaments laid before me? I hope to retreat to my own peaceful world and never show myself again...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Friends are like television. Some are like PBS and always asking for money...

Others are like the news with sad tales to tell every day...

Some are like that one station with the foreign language, you don't understand a word of it but you watch and listen anyway...

And then there are the ones like commercials: always changing, ever so annoying and only seem to be there when you're bored...

But every once in a while you meet someone who's like a really good movie of the week or a TV show you hardly ever get to see anymore because you're so busy.

Point is: hold on to the friends that you care about and since we don't have a remote control to mute someone or just change the channel, pick your friends carefully.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Being a friend is also a role, with obligations, rules, and privileges of its own.
Whether or not you lean on your friends during a crisis, you should feel that, if you wanted to, you could. Friendship demands loyalty and devotion to each other and to your friendship -- especially when a crisis occurs. True friends are willing to be there for you; they do not just make hollow offers.


2 comments:

  1. "True friends are willing to be there for you; they do not just make hollow offers."

    This is very meaningful to me. I pray that we can both someday keep each other as such, in its truest meaning.

    ReplyDelete

✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐

A Love with a promise of permanence.

"...if any hear MY voice and open the door,  I will come into their house and eat with them,  and they will eat with ME." ...

✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐