Sunday, January 21, 2007

Introducing...the callous, cold-blooded individuals...

"They don't care that you have thoughts and feelings. They have no sense of guilt or remorse."

Introduction (drum rolls): My two previous posts talked about Limerence and Loving Relationship. Today, I will put the topic down and discuss about another equally interesting one. Just bare with me because today is not such a good day. But hey, I didn't wake up in the wrong side of the bed. So, not cranky...just a lil bit emotional.

I got heartbroken after learning about what happened to my brother early this morning. On his way to office, he was held-up by short, skinny group of males. My brother is tall and big but these guys were armed so, he couldn't do anything. There's really no intention on his part to fight back. Still, one of these guys hit him with a gun on his left temple.

I dunno the details as I was already sobbing while Mom relays the story to me over the phone. I just couldn't believe how cruel people can get just for some meager amount of cash and cellular phone. If their intent was to rob, then rob but why the need to hurt their victim? Anyway, so much for an introduction. Besides, it has nothing to do with what I am to discuss now. I just feel for my brother (of course).

Ok, here's my discussion...

I kinda figure it now. When one allows a bully to dominate him/her, it starts becoming a cycle. It will become a never-ending scenario of bullying-crying unless given a halt, which rarely happens because the meek are, most of the time, the ones being attacked and they are the kind of people that rarely voice out.

So, the bully senses fear and inferiority. This is about the best time to take advantage of what strength or power they didn't really have but have gained because of the situation. It's like parasitism. The bull was never the dominating party since the parasites on it take advantage of what they can with it. No matter the size, the parasites have over-taken the strength of this huge animal. I think there's this certain fulfillment knowing you have overpowered someone no matter how insignificant or significant the person is. Just the thought that you got the power over something or someone already adds to your self worth. Makes sense.

I have consistently been observing this person whom I have known for sometime now. I have never had a pretty good impression of her since the first time she was introduced to me. But, I am never unjust so, when given the chance I opened my doors to her to be my friend. At first, she made me feel like she cared

...and stupid me, I believed her and disregarded my previous prediction of what she is truly made of. I reasoned for her so I can defend her to my already hurting self, which, did nothing good to me whatsoever. There are just people made that way. It's just too late when I learned and accepted this sad truth.


"Psychopaths have a profound lack of empathy. They use other people callously and remorselessly for their own ends. They seduce victims with a hypnotic charm that masks their true nature as pathological liars, master con artists, and heartless manipulators. Easily bored, they crave constant stimulation, so they seek thrills from real-life "games" they can win -- and take pleasure from their power over other people."


And I ended up calling "them" psychopaths! Funny. No pun intended, really, but persons like me who seek reasons for things can't stop until we get to understand what we need to understand. Thus the researches. And believe me, I can easily forgive people and forget about what they've done after thorough thinking.

Somehow, I find reasons and ways to not get angry. I hate hearing myself defending people and I hate myself the more that I allow them to insistently do hurtful things to me. It's not right but I am just that forgiving and trusting that they'd ever change. Change is, after all, the only permanent thing in this world, so the saying goes.

Can't tell if what I am doing is right and I have been consistently battling with my head if this is even acceptable. Maybe I should give myself more worth than what I am giving people. Because in my solitude, no one's sharing my pains. Nobody feels for me the way I feel for myself but GOD. Sometimes, I get to have this difficulty of drawing the line between being nice and not hurting anyone's feeling. There are times I can't understand which to believe. So, I almost always end up hurting myself in the process.


"Manners are a sensitive awareness of the feelings of others. If you have that awareness, you have good manners, no matter what fork you use."

Yes, this is so true. I have met a few highly educated men without manners and a few uneducated men that seem to have so much of it. Whoever believes manners come with intelligence or educational background, well, it's one of the wrong conclusions ever made. Manners are not taught. It is something innate.

I dunno how to call people without manners because what I do know is that animals are the only creatures that have nothing of this. Therefore, psychopaths are animals. Oops, this is a pretty strong statement. Should I take it back? Erase...erase... Retype.

No, I will never take back what I just said unless these people prove me they're not animals. That they are thinking/feeling humans with manners. No, I won't push the backspace button for this is my conclusion based on observation. It's like a research, done with careful observation. (Now, it sounds like I used them as guinea pigs.)


"Female bullies favour a strictly psychological approach to inflicting pain on others such as gossip and persistent criticism."


No, I won't go discussing about gossipmongers anymore. At least not this time. I might stray from the topic because currently, my mind is wandering away. Lemme just share where my thoughts are resting right now -- A person is like a word with many synonyms. The person is the word and the synonyms are his descriptions. -- I don't want to go further on giving examples because I believe in Karma.

Hmm...let me rephrase that, I believe and am practicing the Golden Rule. But, I am definitely sure, EVERYONE who knows her would even contribute to the many negative adjectives (attitudes) already associated with her. Believe it or not, I am not (yet) bitter. Maybe heading there. Which, I think is a signal that there's a need for me to start guarding my boundary. Just like what a very good friend suggested.


Psychopaths succeed in conventional society in large measure because few of us grasp that they are fundamentally different from ourselves. We assume that they, too, care about other people's feelings. This makes it easier for them to "play" us. Although they lack empathy, they develop an actor's expertise in evoking ours. While they don't care about us, "they have an element of emotional intelligence, of being able to see our emotions very clearly and manipulate them.

I know how to respect persons and I give them the respect they deserve but I hope they'd also learn to do the same. That's just all.



1 comment:

  1. SORRY FOR WHAT HAPPEN TO YOUR BRO,IS HE OK RIGHTNOW,PLZ TAKE EXTRA CAREFULL OK NEXT TIME.DID YOU GET THE ATTENTION OF OUR POLICE MEN TO CATCH DOES EVIL DOERS?BE CAREFUL SPECIALLY YOU.

    ReplyDelete

✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐

A Love with a promise of permanence.

"...if any hear MY voice and open the door,  I will come into their house and eat with them,  and they will eat with ME." ...

✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐