Friday, December 29, 2006

I find myself in question again


I hope to be able to give people the best advice I could ever give anyone. The book, "The Purpose Driven Life" is a good self-help book because it teaches us on how to live life with purpose (as the title suggests). And not only that advices were given. They're given with depth. They're no non-sense advice. I took the book seriously, though what's written there is a bit hard to follow. I mean, of course, it's not easy to just alter whatever plans one might have already set for himself. It's hard to start again. I should've read the book long time ago. But, maybe I just need to collect all the courage I have to have a purpose driven life.

---------------------------------------------------

"The most important and precious asset in a person’s life is time. It is a limited commodity in one’s life. Whereas one may make more money, one cannot make more time. Because of this, it is the most vital sacrifice one can offer to another of the human race—the absolute greatest way one can demonstrate unselfish love toward another is through focused attention. Often fathers forget this, believing that providing material things for their wife and children is sufficient to show their love. It is not! Nothing takes the place of spending time with those who should be loved. When a person gives one’s time to another, he is giving of himself—a true act of unselfish love—because to give one’s time to anther is to take it from one’s self."

---------------------------------------------------

Hmmm.... So, this is why when I give time to people, they kinda think it is because I have something special for them. Ok, let me state this clearly. Most of the guys interested in me would think they have a chance on me because I spend time with them. Which is not really the case. I am naturally like giving everyone time. Because my purpose in life is to show compassion...to give love. Not necessarily in a romantic form. Just that there's no other way but to share a moment of my time. And I hope that guys would stop focusing on finding a partner. Relationships can take many forms. They might be looking for someone to share a relationship with but the only relationship I can give them is friendship. I am saying this because, although, yes, I may be giving them "the most important and precious asset in my life" and that I care for them...and maybe I love them in a platonic way (or friendly way), I only am doing this because of the purpose I should serve. Nothing romantic. Nothing intimate.

---------------------------------------------------

Attention says, “I value you enough to give you my most precious asset – my time.” When you give someone your time, you’re giving them a portion of your life that you’ll never get back. Your time is your life. You can always make more money, but you cannot make more time.
---------------------------------------------------

Yes, "relationships are what life is all about". I don't blame people if they keep searching for someone to share a relationship with. I just don't get why they do the searching almost all the time. It puts me in a situation where I don't know how to share my time with people without giving them false hope that I might be the one they've been looking for. I want them to understand that there are people like me who just want to give of themselves without romantic attachments.

Anyway, I agree that time is the best gift we can give people, although I only realised it just now. And it makes me feel guilty that I give less of my time to my family. It's like I can let the time pass without seeing or talking with them. Does it mean, I love them less? *sigh*






2 comments:

  1. well i beg to disagree bcoz its not necessarily you give your sometime were expecting to be special to you,its depends how you treat us and the way you chat w/us.however if are intention was purely FRIENDSHIP only,i think theres nothing wrong if were just finding ways to know you well pls dont get upset im just wanted to know you.yes i admit that i admire you physically.and expecting beyond what you said in your BLOG NO I'M NOT dont worry its just merely PURE FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!!!!!!!your too much BEAUTY AND BRAINS (malayo sa katotohanan)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you're right. So far, my experiences are not what you're saying. I wouldn't say the things that I've said if they weren't based on experience. You know what I mean?

    And please don't think that I am directing the msg to you. It was just what I was feeling that time.

    ReplyDelete

✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐

A Love with a promise of permanence.

"...if any hear MY voice and open the door,  I will come into their house and eat with them,  and they will eat with ME." ...

✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐