Saturday, October 21, 2006

Temper's the one thing you can't get rid of by losing it

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I reviewed my old blog entries in multiply. There are some that I think I should copy and post here.

I chose to post the story below to remind myself that I need to remain patient at all times. Also, to share with my readers that they have a responsibility to remain patient and respectful of others' differences.

Most of the time, we get irritated or angry because someone failed to meet our expectations. It is just normal. But to get easily angry is another story. To burst in anger is even worse. We can never expect people to act or react according to our expectations. There may be instances that could really push us to our boundaries, but to be mean and rude is never a good response. We don't know how much pain we can induce to a person if we let our anger rule us.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Yes. There are irritating people. So many of them. I have some things I dislike about someone. And I cannot deny the fact that maybe there are some who have some dislikes about me too. So, that makes us mutual, right? Having this in mind, I know where to put myself. I know that it is my responsibility to respect the difference of every individual I have to deal with everyday. They can do silly things that could piss me, but that doesn't mean I have the right to be rude. I have to keep in mind that my parents sent me to good schools so I can be a good person. Therefore, I will try harder to be a good person. For all I know, I also have some attitude that's annoying to others.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Just imagine how lovely the world could be if all of us work to bring harmony into it. If we respect and not judge. If we just accept each other's differences...

Here is the story...

This is a true story which happened in the States.

A man came out of his home to admire his new truck.

To his puzzlement, his three-year-old son was happily hammering dents into the shiny paint of the truck.

The man ran to his son, knocked him away, hammered the little boy's hands into pulp as punishment.

When the father calmed down, he rushed his son to the hospital. Although the doctor tried desperately to save the crushed bones, he finally had to amputate the fingers from both the boy's hands.

When the boy woke up from the surgery & saw his bandaged stubs, he innocently said, " Daddy, I'm sorry about your truck." Then he asked, "but when are my fingers going to grow back?"

The father went home & committed suicide.



Think about this story the next time someone steps on your feet or u wish to take revenge. Think first before u lose your patience with someone u love. Trucks can be repaired. Broken bones & hurt feelings often can't.

Too often we fail to recognise the difference between the person and the performance. We forget that forgiveness is greater than revenge.

People make mistakes. We are allowed to make mistakes. But the actions we take while in a rage will haunt us forever.

Pause and ponder. Think before you act. Be patient. Forgive & forget. Love one and all.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us



No comments:

Post a Comment

✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐

A Love with a promise of permanence.

"...if any hear MY voice and open the door,  I will come into their house and eat with them,  and they will eat with ME." ...

✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐