Friday, October 9, 2015

Living Large and Taking Charge!


Most of my life has been spent always shrinking myself... making myself smaller, quieter, less opinionated, less sensitive, less needy..... less ME. I have been denying myself my humanity, my identity, my being. For what? Because I didn't want to be a burden. I didn't want to push people away. I long to be liked, wanted, cared for, and valued. I desired to be appreciated and loved... so for the longest time I sacrificed myself for the sake of making people around me happy. And all those years, I suffered. I was without a voice, without a right, without a right to my emotions. I denied myself so many things thinking that someone else will fill me...will be kind enough to see my sacrifices. I suffered for giving too much, but...

I am tired of suffering.   

I am done shrinking.  

It is NOT my job, nor do I exist, to change who I am just to become someone else's  idea of a worthwhile human being.  

I am worthwhile ...regardless of how others define me. God put me here on Earth and I exist, therefore, I matter.  My thoughts, my feelings, my voice...matter. So, with or without anyone's approval, I will continue to be who I am. I will continue to speak my truth.

 This is ME. God created me in His image and likeness. He didn't commit a mistake forming the person that I am--flaws and all. I am His masterpiece. So, I will celebrate ME...I will be who I am even if it makes people angry. No matter what others say, for as long as I offend no one (intentionally), I will just be ME. Even if they choose to leave, I refuse to shrink. I choose to take up space, to honor my feelings. I give myself permission to get my needs met. All because I was bought at a price. Jesus lived, suffered, and died to give me life, and to live it to the full. He gave me my right to be who I am. He respects my humanity and He improves my character with every situation I face without putting me down...without making me feel bad for committing so many mistakes. There is no condemnation in Him because He looks at my heart not at my weaknesses and tendencies. He allows me my pace to change. Why must I let people drown me in their little minds?  Why must their opinion of who I am and how I should live my life be more important than how God views me? I am assured of His love. That should be more than enough. ^_^





No comments:

Post a Comment

✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐

A Love with a promise of permanence.

"...if any hear MY voice and open the door,  I will come into their house and eat with them,  and they will eat with ME." ...

✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐