Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Gratitude paints little smiley faces on everything it touches.



“Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for by doing that some have entertained angels without knowing it.” ― Hebrews 13:2


There are times it gets to be tiring to do good. To continue doing good. Guess it's but natural to feel the need for appreciation once in a while. Why, it's never easy to choose to be kind all the time, y'know! Especially, it's not as easy to risk offering a helping hand to people who have the biggest possibility to simply abuse help. In this world, almost everyone's after their own. Many are too busy to stop a while and attend to the needs of others. When you observe them and what they value, you're sure to start wanting to just look after yourself, as well. It's tempting to just shrug off the idea of giving a helping hand when you realize how very few people are willing express gratitude.

I always remind myself to not bother whether others are doing their Christian duty or not. It's not my problem if they choose not to. And I shouldn't also concern myself too much if people choose not to remember what good was done to them. It's their life. Besides, in the book of Luke chapter 17, Jesus healed ten lepers and only one returned to thank Him. So, whatever! But, I guess what am trying to put across is, although it shouldn't be one's aim to try and earn the favor, recognition, appreciation, acknowledgement... etc. of people, deep down they're like a cold beverage that quenches thirst after a hard day's work. It's a big encouragement!

...and I am encouraged! I thank everyone who takes time to show appreciation for the good I've done and the impact I made in their lives. Just when I thought no one notices or acknowledges, God makes a way to assure me that my good works don't go unnoticed. They're all acknowledged and appreciated.

It's not really a rare occurrence that I receive "thank you" and commendation messages, actually. But, what makes this one special is, it came at a time when I started feeling discouraged because it seems that none of what I do is appreciated, anyway. And many would even give me a cold shoulder after or would behave ungrateful. I've reached another point when I simply just wanna take an indefinite break from doing good to others. Just God won't allow me to take a leave, though. Rather, He refuels me with encouragement through sincere people who express their thankfulness for what little or big I'd done. Even things I do not do out of the ordinary but have impact in their lives.



    

I divorced social networking sites for the second time for almost a week last week. Today, I reopened my Facebook page and I received a message from a cyber acquaintance. Gives me motivation to not stop doing what I started doing whether or not it's acknowledged because I'll really never know who needs help the most. I have no idea how many lives are being saved by doing just one random act of kindness everyday. ^_^ 

Well, what a wonderful way to start the day!


Cheerio, peeps! Smile and always be kind. 












No comments:

Post a Comment

✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐

A Love with a promise of permanence.

"...if any hear MY voice and open the door,  I will come into their house and eat with them,  and they will eat with ME." ...

✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐