Monday, March 18, 2013

FAKE is the trend and so many are in STYLE!



To every person who gossiped about me; to everyone who tries to be close to me to know my story only to tell the world of it in a malicious manner; to the close-minded; to the judgmental and critic; to friends who turned out to be backstabbers; to those who envy and compete; and, to those who "secretly" keep their dislike or hatred toward me yet smile at and talk nicely to me: 

You all challenge me to become a better person. You all turn me into a stronger and wiser woman. For all that you have done -- no matter how bad and hurtful... you've unknowingly done so much in favor of me. For that, I THANK you ALL.

I share the same sentiment King David had...

If it were an enemy making fun of me, I could endure it; if it were an opponent boasting over me, I could hide myself from him. But it is you, my companion, my colleague and close friend.  We had intimate talks with each other and worshiped together in the Temple. [Psalm 55:12]
And this, my best friend, betrayed his best friends;
    his life betrayed his word.
All my life I’ve been charmed by his speech,
    never dreaming he’d turn on me.
His words, which were music to my ears,
    turned to daggers in my heart.  [v. 20-21]

 ~~~~~~~~~~
 You might call many people your “friends,”but it is hard to find someone who can really be TRUSTED. [Proverbs 20:6, ERV]

Evil people say things to make themselves look good,
but they keep their evil plans a secret.
What they say sounds good, but don’t trust them.
They are full of evil ideas. They hide their evil plans with nice words,
but in the end, everyone will see the evil they do.
Liars hate the people they hurt, and false praise can hurt people.
[Proverbs 26:24-28]



It's truly helpful to not EXPECT from anyone. You'll be so surprised to know ...the people you thought are sincere friends are the very ones who "secretly" hate you for whatever reasons you won't ever fathom. They are worse than enemies because they always try to inflict pain in ways unimaginable while you're unsuspiciously giving your trust. It's simply frustrating how no matter you give the best that you can...the best that you have...it'll never suffice. Some friends hide behind smiles but their hearts are filled with inexplicable animosity. You may arrive at different conclusions and try to fix what might be wrong with you, but the truth is, you will never be able to satisfy them because they're really not your friends right from the beginning, in the first place. Sad but true.

And, I learned this truth the hard way...
 

Not because I choose to do right I can expect others to do the same. I realized that I can only be responsible for my own behavior and attitude. I will never have any influence in another's. It's their choice. And, unless they resolve in their hearts to release animosity, hatred, bitterness, envy, and all other negative feelings they choose to nurture... I can never expect them to be considerate of my feelings. There's emptiness, hunger and thirst within them, which no matter how I try to fill will never be satisfied. I am not the solution. My solutions aren't gonna help either. I can try and try to be better as a friend, as a person...but, it is not I who can arrange what's messy in them. They need to drop the ill feelings -- hatred, jealousy, hostility, etc. -- first and experience God's love, mercy and grace. 

The world yells, "leave those who only cause you misery...and stick to the ones who give you more love and inspiration".  Tempting to consider, huh?! Very convenient. But, self-seeking. Opposite of what the Word says, "bear with the failings of the weak" (Romans 15:1) and "do not merely look out for your own personal interests, but also for the interests of others." (Philippians 2:4)

Yes, I can't do anything about the way they feel about me...about the way they treat me. They may decide to stay fake all they want. But, I can't give up LOVING. It's so true...you'll only know that you love when you sacrifice. You sacrifice your own feelings for the good of another. I can't deny that loving those who hide their hatred behind fake friendship is PAINFUL. It truly is. And, there are times I simply feel like running away from them because I am so aware of the harm they intend to inflict. Just, how can I deny them love when God didn't deny His love from me even I don't deserve it? How can I choose to give up on people when God never thought of giving up on me? God knows my innermost thoughts. God knows I am inclined to choose things that hurt Him. Still, HE chooses to love me over and over and over...............

The command to "love your enemies" is indeed challenging. But, it's more tough to love a friend who betrays. Yet, the best contribution you can impart to anyone, esp the unlovable, is unconditional love. Because they need it most when they least deserve it. If I won't choose to love them in their worst state, who will? Yes, God will. But, how can they experience God if not through me? Christians are vessels of God's love, compassion, mercy, forgiveness...and all the good stuff. And as a Christian, I can't decide who should and should not receive any good stuff when they're in God's list of recipients. I have no right to skip anyone only because they're harmful.

So all of you should live together in peace.Try to understand each other. Love each other like brothers and sisters. Be kind and humble.  Don’t do wrong to anyone to pay them back for doing wrong to you. Or don’t insult anyone to pay them back for insulting you. But ask God to bless them. Do this because you yourselves were chosen to receive a blessing.

The Scriptures say,
“If you want to enjoy true life and have only good days,  then avoid saying anything hurtful, and never let a lie come out of your mouth.  [1 Peter 3:8-10 ERV]

I just place my confidence in one thing: "The Lord sees what happens everywhere. He watches everyone, good and evil." [Proverbs 15:3]  All I have to do is to "Turn to the Lord for help in everything you do, and you will be successful." [Proverbs 16:3]  I trust what the Word says, "If you are always trying to do good, no one can really harm you. But you may suffer for doing right. If that happens, you have God’s blessing. “Don’t be afraid of the people who make you suffer; don’t be worried." [1 Peter 3:13,14]

Someone told me that unconditional love isn't possible with man. That it's only God Who can love that way. I almost want to agree because of the difficulty in doing it. But, I am fully convinced that because Christ already won the victory, I too, am a victor. I only need to be strong in the Lord. Like what the Apostle Paul said, "I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live I live by believing in God's Son, who loved me and took the punishment for my sins." That's why Jesus said, "deny yourself and pick up your cross daily."  

  I will not allow defeat. I am not "of those who shrink back, but of those who have faith."


I can do all things through Christ Who gives me strength!




Toodles!



No comments:

Post a Comment

✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐

A Love with a promise of permanence.

"...if any hear MY voice and open the door,  I will come into their house and eat with them,  and they will eat with ME." ...

✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐