Saturday, May 19, 2012

In a world full of noise, silence has always been my sanctuary...

“But some people are broken. They don't know anything other than hatred... It's like their heart gets going in the wrong direction early on in life, and they can never quite manage to bring it back around to love. It's a sad thing and we should have compassion for them. Think of the joy they are missing in life.”  

― Tess Hilmo, With a Name like Love

.........................................................

Words like this helps strengthen me. Be more compassionate. People need it. But, it's tough. Yet, the Word reminds me, "Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ loved us and gave Himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God." [Ephesians 5:1&2]  And, it's not MY strength after all. "...be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power." [Ephesians 6:10] 





Oh, and whatever our current situation may be, there are so many things to be thankful for. It's a matter of perspective. I don't bite at situation comparison, btw.  The "at least I still have something to eat..." kind of excuse. Doesn't work for me. I understand that people have their own tolerance threshold. What hurts me may not hurt you. And, what you find unbearable may be petty for me. I believe that it's all about renewing the mind. When we get our focus off our own concerns, we'll come to an understanding that we only need to allow God to carry us. And that is something to be thankful for.  

So, am looking forward to another beautiful day. If beauty won't be obvious, I'll ask God to give me eyes to see it and heart to appreciate it.

Reminds me of this classic children's song. Sometimes it helps when we relive our childhood, agree?





Show me, Lord, what You want me to be. *big smile*





No comments:

Post a Comment

✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐

A Love with a promise of permanence.

"...if any hear MY voice and open the door,  I will come into their house and eat with them,  and they will eat with ME." ...

✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐