Tuesday, July 1, 2008

I don't know a lot about everything, but I do know a lot about the part of everything that I know, which is people.



We often get to be too occupied with so many things that we fail to notice other important things around. I am not an exemption to this. Have become a recluse over again, which made me somewhat oblivious to the present happenings outside my world. I do take time to update myself, yes, by watching the news and learning of what has taken place to "MV Princess of the Stars" after it capsized last June 22nd and how typhoon "Fengshen" (local code name Frank) devastated the country and all other countries it wreaked. So many things happen in a day.

These things I mentioned are big news. But there are silent news that only very few people know of. Like I received a mobile message from a former colleague telling me about another former colleague who was sent to Makati Medical Center and has to undergo operation. This was a few days back. Am sad that I can't find time to pay him a visit and check his condition. How many people know of this? The pain that he himself is experiencing and the pains of his loved ones.

Also recently, I found out that a former client's father had a heart attack and had to have open heart surgery (triple bypass)... these two add to the list of people I include in my prayers and prayer requests...

My cousin is suffering from bone marrow cancer. A friend is enduring a condition called Syringomyelia. A friend's colleague had to be sent to hospital after he suffered from extreme stomach pain. Same friend's colleague's husband also had a heart attack and still in hospital... and now, a very close friend...I found to be sick with Emphysema.

How many more people are suffering from some conditions? I have been consistently sick myself and yes, it's tough. I am sorry for myself that I have to withstand pains time and again. It's natural to focus on oneself. But, beyond ourselves, there are a lot more other individuals suffering from certain illnesses we are unaware of.

Aside from the BIGGER issues concerning the entire nation, there are smaller issues that need even small attention, as well. List of people who are sick and needing our prayers. Can we take a lil of our time to pray for them or are we going to continue being unmindful of what they have to go through thinking we have so many more important things to be concerned about?

Please help pray with me for all the people who need healing.











No comments:

Post a Comment

✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐

A Love with a promise of permanence.

"...if any hear MY voice and open the door,  I will come into their house and eat with them,  and they will eat with ME." ...

✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐