Friday, August 10, 2007

I don't mind being sexy and girlish and womanly...


Everyone wants to have an attractive body. I included. Especially, I will become one of the most coveted models of those popular glossy magazines in the country. (yeah, yeah…dream on!)

That’s why I am currently on a very strict diet. But, no matter how strict as I describe it to be, there is no way I will survive the day without nibbles. GRRR! I wish they will be banned here in the country. Waaaahhhh!!!


And really, dieting requires so much discipline. Not that I have little or none of it. Just that, whenever I see someone eating, I’d get enticed to grab a bite, too. I miss pizza, pasta and rice. Poor me. But, I have to remind myself that it paid off. Just look at my tummy. *enthusiastic smile* You will agree with me.


You might be asking how did I achieve that flat abdomen? No, I did not touch the picture. Honestly. No PhotoShop was used to make that effect. It’s authentic! Fwahahaha. (For a lack of better term.) Well, that was not really the result of the “strict dieting”. It was because of the 3 day extreme depression from April of this year.


No. I won’t talk about it anymore. Just find out for yourself. What? Should I spoon feed everything to you? Why not browse my blog and learn why? Hehehe Just a suggestion. Don’t be scared. I did not intend to frighten you. As if I can kill you if you choose not to, right? That’s just if you want to know. *wink*


So, obviously what I will blab about today is about ways to lose weight...Some, I have tried. Some I just read about it.

You know what is the best way to lose weight?


Starve yourself.


Yes, that is very effective…only it is unhealthy. bwahaha!!! It could kill (worst case, of course). Seriously, I tried starving myself in the past after gaining so much weight. In great desperation, I must say.


The only things I ate during those episodes of food deprivation were crackers. What made it tough for me was the feeling inside the stomach. Can anyone relate to what am saying? It feels warm as if something’s boiling inside. Then, Id hear my stomach growling loudly that the other person (and even the other person beside him) beside me can hear it. Hehe. That one.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Green Tea...nah-uh!
Defintely NOT for me!



…and yeah, I used to drink tea, too. But, how I hate the taste. Am not a lover of tea so forgive me if I said this. Not that am saying it tastes awful. To me, it is. Hehe. Sorry, am just being real honest. I tried putting some honey. I also don’t like honey. *sobs* It would take me 3 hours to drink a cup of tea, y’know. It’s like am being punished or something.


At the same time, I worked out, as well. I have this step exercise equipment. Used to be a loyal user of it. One sunny day, after deciding that I should start working out again, I took it off the old chest, which was in the basement. It was dusty and had lotsa cobwebs. This is an exaggeration, of course.


There are just so many ways to lose weight. Countless, actually. Tried a few and so far, everything worked. At least, for me, so don’t quote me saying that ‘any diet will work for everyone’. I think it also depends on one’s body type.


I found out about “Blood Type Diet”. Only a small percentage knows about this. Perhaps, those who are like me who never stop looking for a more effective way to lose the excess fats and maintain a well proportioned body have come across this type of diet plan.


Basically, it’s just choosing the right food for your blood type. Yes, you read it right. According to the author, there are certain foods that can’t be properly digested by some blood types. Say, I am a type A, I cannot properly digest rice and red meat such as pork and beef).


Want to know more? Check this website.

How can I forget about the more popular diet plans like South Beach and Atkins? They are all effective, I must say. It all depends on how well you follow through the plan. Takes a lot of discipline, determination and dedication.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Did you make the same mistake, too?




Sometimes, when I have this urge to eat, I just do Atkins. I eat small portions and then perform workout to burn calories. It’s very basic. I think, this is the best way to lose weight since, you won’t have to deprive yourself of your favorite foods. Anyone who agrees with me, raise your hand. *wink* But, of course, great discipline is involved. Just eat small portions and make sure to exercise.


The idea is to program your system to eat just enough food. In fact, during the first phase of this type of diet program, a participant is allowed to eat whatever he wishes to. But, of course, there is an equivalent workout to follow for every type of food consumed. Sounds good if you have spare time to waste away doing a physical activity.

Yeah, I almost forgot, it’s a low-carb diet. A participant should cut down on carbohydrates.


I am not promoting any diet program, ok? This is just to lay some options for you. You may or may not join any diet programs. There are reliable websites that can provide you information about different weight loss programs. If you get to understand the logic behind each, you can opt to do it on your own. But, you won’t have a nutritionist to guide you which foods to eat, though. Anyway, it’s not such a problem since, like what I said, everything’s on the net. Just GOOGLE it.

Another diet plan that promises remarkable result (they say, it should make you lose 10 pounds in a week) is the Cabbage Soup Diet. In 7 days, all that you will eat is …what else? …the Cabbage Soup! It’s a nightmare, though. But, if you are determined (like if you badly need to lose weight after having been offered to be the next month’s UNO Magazine’s model), then nothing can/should stop you. Actually, you may just opt to starve yourself eventually. If you ask me, the idea makes me nauseous.


I recently tried, Oatmeal diet. All I ate for a couple of weeks was oats! Of course, there were times when I added some things on it. Don’t ask what. Hehe But, the monotonous routine, of course, eventually driven me to pine for delectable treats.


Yes, it did help me lose weight significantly. *wink* Here’s a pretty good read to convince you.

Aside from the diet programs, there are exercise programs that can truly help you achieve the body you’ve always dreamed of. You need not be envious of those very skinny runway and magazine models, anymore.


Most of us (mostly girls) have problems with our abdomens. Flabby and ugly love handles! Disgusting! Some have lotsa stored fats around the thighs. Yuck! What an ugly sight, right?


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Does this help increase your motivation?


Sadly, there is no exercise to specifically target certain areas like what I just mentioned. There is no better way but to dedicate oneself on regular cardio exercises. Some of the best cardio exercises include running, biking and swimming.


Interval training is also one good way to start giving your body a fresh new look. Of course, it will take time. It is not an instant result, come on! It takes patience and great motivation to attain that body you wish for. Set your expectations low because for some people, it takes really long to notice a positive outcome. Who knows, you’re one of them?!!! *devilish laugh* So, just keep on. *wink*


Interval training is a kind of workout practice involving intense exercise periods followed by low intensity periods. Basketball is a good example. (My favorite sport)


Try running really fast for about 2 minutes and then slow down. It’s better if you stop for a few minutes and then repeat the routine. It will surely help you burn calories and at the same time, increase your metabolism.

To learn the basics read here.


It’s also helpful if you do resistance workout and weight lifting.


Ok, I will share with you the best advice I can give… There are actually three things that you need to do to make sure you get rid of fats.


1. You have to change your eating habits and be watchful of your calorie intake. As much as possible, eat plenty of vegetables and fruits. Avoid those that are high in carbs, though.

2. You have to exercise regularly. Keep moving. Take at least 10 minutes of walking everyday. In stead of using the elevator, use the stairs. Especially, if you have time. Hahaha Good luck to those who have to climb the 20th floor!

3. You have to live a healthy lifestyle. Healthy lifestyle means, get enough sleep, avoid too much stress, quit smoking and drink occasionally (if you can’t really stop).


These are just basics. It is, of course, important to do your own research. Learn and don't be discouraged.

More reads:

EHow - How To Lose Weight

Net Doctor - How To Lose Weight The Healthy Way?

How To Lose Weight Tips






1 2 3 Submit PRO - FREE URL Registration


2 comments:

  1. i am almost quitting on a bet with DB in losing weight...just when I get to read your post...

    I am again motivated to win this thing!

    Thanks Paper Tiger!

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. you hate tea AND HONEY?! that's messed up, lol.

    i read somewhere that if you only wear jeans you tend to lose more weight because you tend to be more active and moving about than if you were in formal wear.

    also, never underestimate the power of walking around. and try the stairs once in a while(good for the glutes, lol).

    ReplyDelete

✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐

A Love with a promise of permanence.

"...if any hear MY voice and open the door,  I will come into their house and eat with them,  and they will eat with ME." ...

✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐