Friday, September 15, 2006

Sometimes Boredom Just Has To Set In


Wishes can come true, aye? How I wish they can! Like that in fairy tales and movies. You wish upon a star…then even the impossible can come true. Of course, this is plainly wishful thinking. How can things in the movies happen in real life? Say, a young man walking in a busy street then suddenly he bumps into a beautiful girl but the girl went away, swiftly. He go search for her all over but he couldn’t see her anymore in the crowd but he keeps on looking. The scene ends there with the hopeless guy standing in the middle of the street with both hands on his head, dismayed, he wasn’t able to ask for the girl’s name. She remains on his memory til one day they meet again.

How unrealistic. Especially if it happens in New York or any major city with a population double its size. I dunno, but in my life, so far, I haven’t really experienced seeing one person in this place and then the next two days or maybe a week, I’d see the person again in another place or the same place. *thinks* Hmmm… yeah, it really never happened to me yet. And hopefully if it’ll ever happen, crossed fingers, I hope the guy who I saw in Jollibee-kalentong last week (September 9) would be the one I’d always chance upon in that corner where I first saw him. *day dreams*

That was a Sunday. It was not a very good day since my day started with sad news. Let’s just not discuss about it anymore. *sigh* It was around 1:20 in the afternoon, inside a cab, I was leaning by the window, staring at just about anything. When I noticed this pretty boy already staring at me. He was in a jeep at the rear end. His eyes were wonderful. I loved the way he stared at me. Yes, I stared back. For about less than 30 seconds we were just staring at each other until the cab moved forward leaving the jeep behind.

I didn’t look back. What for? The 30 second attraction won’t have any continuation because I don’t believe what the movies are instilling into the viewers’ minds --- that love conquers all. That a guy would really exert effort to find a girl stranger just because he falls madly in love with her at the first glance. Now, I know some of you would react on this statement. You’re welcome. But lemme tell you that this is just my personal belief. My experiences are different from your experiences and maybe…one day…I’d start believing that love can do so much…if I get to experience your experience. But for now, I just don’t believe a lot of things.

C’mon now! I am not bitter or something ...this is the reality I know.

What if I see him again? This time we get to talk (which is impossible because he saw me inside the cab. Unless he waits for me everyday in that corner and when he sees me he’d jump off the curb and stop the cab right at the middle of the narrow street) then he gets my number and all that. OOOohhhh it’s damn hard to explain! But my point is, attraction (physical) is just attraction. The moment I find an imperfection in him or him in me, that’s the end of it. Unless, if what they say is “true love” works for us, maybe we can move on to another stage. I know what you’re thinking…I am sooo skeptical! All I can say is, “Don’t judge a blogger by his/her blog!”

Picture this…he would wait there everyday, right at that stinking corner crammed full of light posts, sign posts etc…just to see me again. Is that even sensible? When there’s what? Zero probability that he’d ever chance upon me again! …Ok, I’ll try to be a little positive… he is really that attracted to me that he couldn’t sleep at night and his eye bags are now prominent. So, he waits in that corner EVERYDAY. Like his got all the time in the world to waste away! (Here I go again) Then one lucky day, he spots me inside a cab, but the cab is moving fast. What he do, he jumps off the street and stands in the way of the cab. So, the driver hits on the breaks then the cab’s tires ear splittingly squeak that people around check to see what happened. He stands there half an inch away from the cab’s mouth. That’s the scene. Isn’t this familiar? For some seconds he remains right there. Everything’s immobilized. No reaction from the driver when in real life, the driver could’ve had already yelled curses at him. And since we’re at the middle of a narrow street, traffic starts to build up causing more irate people. Only because of what? So, no. I just don’t believe he even thought about it even for a sec. So, delete all that stupid imagination! But hey! There’s nothing wrong in wishing. *wink*

What a crap! Here’s some trivia so this’ll make sense:

~No word in the English language rhymes with month, orange, silver, and purple.

~"Rhythms" is the longest English word without the normal vowels, a, e, i, o, or u.

~The last thing to happen is the ultimate. The next-to-last is the penultimate, and the second-to-last is the antepenultimate.

~The plastic things on the end of shoelaces are called aglets.

~The ridges on the sides of coins are called reeding or milling.

~The two lines that connect your top lip to the bottom of your nose are known as the philtrum.

~The white part of your fingernail is called the lunula.

~An albatross can sleep while it flies. It apparently dozes while cruising at 25 mph.

~Dragonflies are one of the fastest insects, flying 50 to 60 mph.

~All clams start out as males; some decide to become females at some point in their lives. (COOL!)


No comments:

Post a Comment

✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐

A Love with a promise of permanence.

"...if any hear MY voice and open the door,  I will come into their house and eat with them,  and they will eat with ME." ...

✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐