Sunday, May 7, 2023

Revisiting My Green Room: Returning After a 3-Year Hiatus

I've chosen to resume blogging after a three-year sabbatical. It's been a long time since I've written a post, and I'll confess that I was a little hesitant to get back into it. After much thought, I concluded that I missed the creative outlet that blogging gave, and I wanted to share my experiences with you all once more.

I began writing as a way to express myself. After that... I somehow intended it to be a platform for me to express my thoughts, ideas, and faith with a bigger audience. To be honest, I wasn't expecting to gain a massive following. I am terrified of being opposed to and judged. It's well recognized that when you make your life narrative public, you essentially give others permission to criticize your every move and I don't like to give people that free pass. Who does, right? But, I suppose, it's one of the simplest forms of self-expressionIntroverts' Way. So... 

However, life intervened and I found myself putting my blog on the back burner. I hadn't realized how much I had missed it until recently. Yet, something tells me that it's a dead platform. So, I've been thinking about starting a vlog for years. In fact, I didn't actually think vlogging would catch on, though I was told it would. Someone suggested that I start one in 2014. Maybe it's simply not my personality so I gave a nod. I mean, I'd done TV shows, hosting, modeling, and others. Vlogging, on the other hand, makes me feel egotistical as I stare and chat to the camera by myself. To me it feels awkward.

It's already 2023... Looking back, I should have begun monetizing my social media platforms through vlogging sooner. 💭

Returning to blogging after such a lengthy gap was difficult, but I believe it was well worth the effort. I'm not sure how difficult it is to produce vlogs. I believe blogging is easier for me because I don't have to struggle when I'm introvert-ing. Even in that state, I can write. While it would need far more from me than I am capable of giving if I forced myself to vlog. I could give up on it shortly! While having a blog is like having a public journal where erasures are ok. Of course, this is my preference so maybe I am speaking with bias.

I like the idea of learning more about myself and my thoughts by writing. There were even occasions when I appeared to be arguing with myself. You know that moment when you realize you said something not so brilliant, but you only realize it after you have completed a few paragraphs? So, with a better idea, you kind of want to retract what you just said without having to delete the previous one in long paragraphs because you think you wrote it well?! 😂 I mean it helps me to evaluate what I believe in. Helps me grow as a person.

All of us desire to occasionally share our experiences with others. We find means to share our feelings about significant life events, our opinions on hot-button topics, or even merely to share our experiences as we try out new activities. For a variety of reasons, we wish to share life with others. It seems to be an inherent aspect of our relational nature as humans. So, I also have it.

While returning to blogging after such a long break was a bit daunting, it was definitely the right decision for me. I'm excited to see where this journey takes me and look forward to connecting with others along the way. AND, I hope not to take another long break again! 😂





No comments:

Post a Comment

✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐

A Love with a promise of permanence.

"...if any hear MY voice and open the door,  I will come into their house and eat with them,  and they will eat with ME." ...

✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐