Tuesday, December 8, 2020

My resolve

Truth is, there's only one thing to do first to get over anything that weighs you down. That is... to decide that you are going to! 

People may wish there's some magic. Instant transport to the next episode, to the next place. I hate to disappoint but how everything starts is... with a decision to move forward. And, then commit to it.

So, I decide everyday to force myself out of bed even my body feels like glued to it. I drag myself to get ready for work and to be focused on what needs to be done. Everything I will ever do every today is to make a decision. A decision that promotes my welfare and not what destroys it.

Yeah, doing so can’t readily set me free from sorrow and grief... but it sure is a step in the right direction. I am sane enough to understand that I can't do God’s part, and He won’t do mine. He can’t make that decision for me, because only I can make that decision for myself. I am my own responsibility. He made me a steward of my body. "Deny self" when it leads me to destruction.

Somewhere deep down inside of me, I believe that once I have made that decision, God can and will help me with the rest. Just as He has done many times in the past. He is faithful. He will always be. His grace is sufficient for me in every today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐

A Love with a promise of permanence.

"...if any hear MY voice and open the door,  I will come into their house and eat with them,  and they will eat with ME." ...

✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐