Thursday, November 19, 2015

Working at being Consistent Not to be Inconsistent Consistently


One late night while watching The 700 Club Asia on GMA News TV11, there's this interview with a lady doctor, Ma. Elizabeth A. Micaller, which caught my attention. I think the portion is part of the program's sorta like public service where they provide health information, which they call "Facts Report". There they featured the Benefits of Drinking Water

Growing up, I didn't really learn the importance of hydrating. Yes, of course, it was taught in school and elsewhere facts like,"up to 60% of the human adult body is water." Every so often, I heard health professionals saying "drink eight glasses a day". But, it didn't really sink in to me the importance of drinking water. More so, I didn't know that most of my health concerns are related to lack of H2O.

From the interview, Dr. Micaller stated that in most cases, when people feel something wrong in their bodies, they right away resort to taking medication, which is not totally wrong. However, it is noteworthy to consider her statement saying (not verbatim), "since the body is composed of a huge percent of water, when you lose just 10%, you could already feel something not right." She also added that, "when we feel something not good concerning our health, say headache or colds, we must rather first consider hydrating. We must've just probably neglected to fill ourselves with water." Makes sense. Logically, when something loses even a small part of it, it can malfunction. Just the same with our bodies. Not having enough water may not manifest a serious effect in our health right away, but eventually will.


   ✏✏✏✏✏✏✏✏✏✏✏✏ 

   Sharing the video

  ✏✏✏✏✏✏✏✏✏✏✏✏

The serious problem is, it's been a struggle on my end to drink water. For years, I've developed a habit of drinking occasionally. Usually, only when extremely thirsty, or after eating sweets and salty food that I remember to sip. This is NORMAL for me, which I didn't know NOT normal for any living thing. And those years, I've battled with many ailments I could've been spared of had I just learned to practice hydrating. I wish I could turn back time and I'll start over making water a significant part of my life. It's never too late, though. Only, if it did happen earlier in my life, I could've saved myself from spending so much on skin treatment products because of allergies and zits! And, my skin could've now been displaying elasticity and radiant glow. A concern I'd been most frustrated about, though stomach problems and headache and other illness should've been on top of my list I wish to not experience anymore. Hehe. Lessons, indeed, come late after every tests!

What Dr. Micaller shared was something I kept reciting in my head, but I seriously find hard to do. Especially, my stomach has become accustomed to not being stuffed more than its normal capacity. Drinking in the morning also makes me feel so bloated. It's such a tough thing to start a habit a little later than one should've had. And this isn't just a habit that I need to kick start just for the heck of complying to a general health advice. It is a must. It is vital. Crucial to keeping my body at a good condition. I ought to be a good steward of this body God gave me, which the Word refers to as the temple of the Holy Spirit (1 Corinthians 6:19). Therefore, I need to exert more effort in taking care of this temple. 

So, I looked for ways I could remain consistent in this attempt to keep the amount of water in my body at a normal healthy level on a daily basis. Of course, I realized  that this requires a lotta discipline and consistency. These are the prime essentials. Otherwise, whatever tool I use will not be of help, at all. So, how am I going to add this to my to-do-list without failing to exercise it only because my body doesn't automatically alert me? I thought I needed something to keep me notified. Thanks to TECHNOLOGY, there are countless apps to use to help people with my same problem. (Just now I've been alerted! I'll step out shortly to get a 250ml cup of water.)


 ✏✏✏✏✏✏✏✏✏✏✏✏  ✏✏✏✏✏✏✏✏✏✏✏✏ 

Back from gulping down B'lue, my current favorite flavored water. ^_^
There are only three flavors: Orange, Calamansi, and Lychee. My most favorite is Orange.


B'lue is a new refreshing lifestyle water-based drink designed for you! 
It is inspired by the #LiveToFeel generation. Try it!

 ✏✏✏✏✏✏✏✏✏✏✏✏  ✏✏✏✏✏✏✏✏✏✏✏✏ 

Going back, I wanna share this app I found and it's been a big help so far. Hourly, I am being reminded that I hafta hydrate. The app am talking about is called, Aqualert. I downloaded it from Google Play about late last month. It is wonderfully serving me well. With this app, you can decide how much water in ml or oz you want to drink at a given time, and you can also choose how often within the day you're going to drink to help you reach your goal. Like in my case, I chose to complete 1500ml within 10am til 12mn, drinking 250ml every hour. It's not really healthy enough, but believe me it's a huge improvement! I used to finish a 1500ml in one or two weeks! So I am congratulating myself for the progress. ^_^

Am gonna show how well am doing the past weeks...


 ✏✏✏✏✏✏✏✏✏✏✏✏  ✏✏✏✏✏✏✏✏✏✏✏✏ 

My Weekly Progress

First Week
(Started on Tuesday)



 Second Week
(Mostly sick the entire week)



Third Week
(Looking Good)



Current Week
@14:25



✏✏✏✏✏✏✏✏✏✏✏✏  ✏✏✏✏✏✏✏✏✏✏✏✏ 

I love the app. I find it really useful and helpful. Though, am already starting to get annoyed hearing the notification sound. Not because the sound is annoying. Just, it's really not easy to start a habit. And definitely, it is not easy to drink this much water. I always feel stuffed and it makes me feel so uncomfortable. What I don't like most is that I get to be in the loo every few minutes after drinking 250ml! At times I just wanna hang out there until my next cup. But, then, this is part of the discipline. If I want to be healthy, I gotta keep focusing on reaching the end of the tunnel than whine about the hassles it brings along the way. Whew! Suggestion for an app to use to keep a positive outlook?!


But, look! Aqualert not only alerts me, it also motivates me, as well... 

I have a lot to look forward to!



 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐

A Love with a promise of permanence.

"...if any hear MY voice and open the door,  I will come into their house and eat with them,  and they will eat with ME." ...

✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐